Thursday, April 2, 2009

Suggestions on posting questions

As readers begin to post comments or questions, I note that it may be hard for me to find questions posted under earlier topics. I would like to ask readers to post specific questions on pheochromocytoma under the most recent topic, whatever it is. For example, if you want to ask about interpretation of a specific chromogranin A test, please post the question under this topic simply because it is the most recent one and the question is easier for me to find.

Please still post comments or editorial questions under the specific topic you like to comment on.

I am not really savvy on the technical aspects of blogging. If there are better ways, please let me know.

Thanks.

Dr. Pheo

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your reply, and sorry for not putting it up on the newest post.

    I have another question for you. Has there been any commonalities found with the different types of mutations that can cause pheos? For instance, with the SDH mutation pheos, are they more likely to develop and produce one catecholamine over another compared to a Carney Triad pheo? Also could location and size of a tumor tip off a doctor as to what the patient might have before genetic testing is done? (just wondering if there were any latest connections made as more cases are found.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Pheo

    I was recently diagnosed with pheo. 24Hr Urin shows Epinephrine 133 and Norepinephrine at 3219. Blood work correlates as well CT scan and MRI confirm tumor location on left adrenal gland - 6cm. Waiting on authorization for MIGB scan to determine if others exists then scheduling surgery. I'm located in Richmond VA and struggling to determine which facility, surgeon and staff have the level of experience required to help me. Any recommendations? My short list is John Hopkins, NIH and Mayo Clinic Rochester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,

      Any of the 3 institutions is great.

      Dr. Pheo

      Delete